Fi-Clor Winteriser 3Ltr
Fi-Clor Winteriser 3Ltr
Fi-CLOR Winteriser has been specially developed to help prevent algae and fungi when the pool is shut down for the winter. It can also help prevent the formation of scale and staining from dissolved minerals so the water and pool surfaces are in good order when the pool is re-opened in spring. It is compatible with all sanitisers, and will not affect the pH.
Calculate the volume of water in the pool.
If you have not decommissioned your pool for the winter before, the guidelines on this pack should be of some assistance. If you are in any doubt as to your ability, call in your local pool centre or service engineer to do the job for you.
- Thoroughly backwash the filter. Remove any debris from the pump strainer, skimmers and pool water surface.
- Shock dose with a stabiliser-free chlorine such as Fi-Clor Superfast Shock to kill any algae and harmful organisms that may be present. (If your pool is treated with a non-chlorine sanitiser - PHMB, treat with Baquacil Winteriser). Allow the water to circulate for 3 - 4 hours to ensure thorough mixing.
- Close the valve/s from the skimmer/s and lower the water to 5 - 7cm below the skimmer level. (Do not lower the water level too much).
- With the water still circulating via the bottom drain, add Fi-Clor Winteriser, leaving the circulation running long enough to ensure thorough mixing.
- Remove ladders, diving boards and summer covers and store them away from extremes of temperature.
- Switch off and isolate the electricity supply.
- Drain the water from the pump, filter and heater taking care to retain any 'O' rings from unions.
- Disconnect the pump and store in a dry place away from extremesof temperature.
- Leave valves above water level open, those below should be closed and protected against frost damage.
- Using strong cord or thin rope, float several weighted and sealed polythene bottles (perhaps used 5kg chemical containers). Space these evenly down the length of the pool to absorb expansion of ice.
- Cover the pool with a heavy duty winter pool cover.
- Check the appearance of the water, and the pH and free chlorine occasionally while the pool is shut down. If the winter is mild, add another dose of Winteriser in February.
Storage & Handling
- Store in a cool, dry place away from other chemicals.
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Always wear suitable gloves and eye protection when handling chemicals.
Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.