Getting started with your Hot Tub
Have you purchased a hot tub recently? We have been asked by many of our customers what is the best way to get the most from your hot tub water. Here are a few tips to enjoy safe bathing from your hot tub this spring / summer
• A good starting point is to invest in the OPC Spa Starter Kit this provides all the components you need when commissioning the hot tub water
• Always test the water daily using 3 in 1 Test Strips, the parameters you need to achieve are:
- Free Chlorine 2 -3 parts per million (PPM) – this will be indicated on the test strips
- pH between 7.2 and 7.5 – again this will be indicated on the test strips
• To increase Free Chlorine use either OPC Spa Chlorine Granules or OPC Spa Chlorine Mini Tabs – these mini chlorine tablets must be added to a floating dispenser or erosion feeder if fitted to the hot tub.
On a weekly basis OPC recommend the following regime:
• Remove the cartridge filter(s) and remove debris and wash with fresh water and then apply OPC Instant Filter Cleaner to the cartridge filter(s) for up to 20 minutes and then rinse.
• Shock dose the water with OPC Spa Non Chlorine Shock Granules to help restore water clarity and improve sanitiser performance
• In hard water areas add OPC Spa Scale Inhibitor to reduce the build-up of calcium within the internal pipework, circulation pump and filters.
• Excess foaming is quickly resolved with an application of OPC Spa No Foam.
Following these simple steps will ensure you get the most from your hot tub this spring and summer.
Enjoy your hot tub from all at OPC